I am currently working on a new plugin that will run a site membership database well beyond the “protected post” feature built into WordPress. This grew out of a need for another site that I run and we have been working WordPress into the site to eventually replace the “home-grown” content management that we currently use (and developed).
However, this site has some pretty advanced membership functions as the site has a newsletter/membership for-profit business model and there were no existing plugins for WordPress (that I could find, anyway) that did what we were looking for. I did, however, find a lot of people that the same needs we did.
So, as I went to the drawing board to tinker with some ideas, I decided that I would build this as a plugin for WordPress that would hopefully fill a void for a lot of people. The first beta version is near release but we have a list of features that we will continue to work on following release of the beta. Some of the features are:
- Full WordPress admin panel user management
- Username/password credentials based login model
- Full user details (name, address, phone, email)
- Admin can add users, search users by name, username, email, edit user details
- Admin can view users sorted by userid, username, last name, country, and email
- Posts can be password protected to the user must login or request a new account
Future features will included:
- User-defined fields
- A date based account expiration (for subscription)
- Paypal integration
- Email newsletter subscription add-on
Additionally, I will be available for custom commercial installations.